2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cubed
3/4 cup cold buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a mixing bowl sift all dry ingredients. Use a pastry blender or fork to blend butter into the mix. DO NOT USE YOUR HANDS. The heat from your hands will melt the bits of butter and it won't turn out. Also try to work fast, so the butter doesn't warm up too much.
3. After the butter is blended in enough that it looks like little crumbles, add your buttermilk. Make sure it is super cold too. It helps!
4. Dig in. Use your hands to mix the batter, but not completely. I only folded in the batter 5 or 6 times. IT'S OKAY if your flour and everything isn't completely blended in. (This was the hardest part for me, because I'm so used to 'mixing well' lol)
5. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Use your hands to push the dough together, but DON'T BLEND IT. Make your dough 3/4- 1 inch thick.
7. Place biscuits on a greased pan or a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating halfway through bake time until golden on top.
9. Remove from oven and let cool. Then smoother it with some Maple Pumpkin Butter. Yummmm.. Oh.. you don't know how to make that? Well let me tell you!!
1- 15oz can of pureed pumpkin
2/3 cup maple syrup
2 Tbl. sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
In a sauce pan add all of these ingredients, and cook over medium heat. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Eat. On. Everything.
Yes. It is that easy. :) This would be perfect for a quick Thanksgiving breakfast!
How to Enter
1. 'Like' my facebook page, if you haven't already.
2. Share my facebook page onto yours.
3. Comment on this blog post.
Simple as that! I hope to get a TON of entries, so invite your friends to try and win too!
The contest will be closed for submission at 10 pm (central time) on Monday November 26th. The winners will be notified on the following Tuesday and will have 3 days to contact me and claim their prize before another winner will be chosen to replace them.
Each person is only allowed 1 entry. Anyone found trying to double enter will be disqualified. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me!
Good luck everyone!