Why hello, hello all of my beautiful and wonderful followers! It's the time of year that makes you realize everything that you are thankful for. I'm very thankful for my friends and family that have supported me and helped me in SOOOOO many ways. And I'm extremely thankful for all of my fans! You are the reason I do this and you help me more than you know. So thank you!!
Now for anyone that is not caught up on things, let me give you the run down! A while back I was working to get to 100 fans on my facebook page
. Thanks to my good friend Jennifer, In that one night not only did I reach my 100 fan goal, but more than doubled that! I now have over 250 fans and I am just ecstatic! Now I had already planned on having a giveaway as soon as I reached the 100... but considering the circumstances I figured a DOUBLE giveaway was a better idea! Don't you agree? Now I will have a chance for 2 lucky fans to win! More on the giveaway here in a bit. But first, I have a super simple recipe for you! Enjoy!
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cubed
3/4 cup cold buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a mixing bowl sift all dry ingredients. Use a pastry blender or fork to blend butter into the mix. DO NOT USE YOUR HANDS. The heat from your hands will melt the bits of butter and it won't turn out. Also try to work fast, so the butter doesn't warm up too much.
3. After the butter is blended in enough that it looks like little crumbles, add your buttermilk. Make sure it is super cold too. It helps!
4. Dig in. Use your hands to mix the batter, but not completely. I only folded in the batter 5 or 6 times. IT'S OKAY if your flour and everything isn't completely blended in. (This was the hardest part for me, because I'm so used to 'mixing well' lol)
5. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Use your hands to push the dough together, but DON'T BLEND IT. Make your dough 3/4- 1 inch thick.
6. Use a biscuit cutter or a fancy schmancy cup and dip it in flour and cut your biscuits. When you need to roll the dough out again just sort of smash it all together without mixing it anymore. When I got 5 biscuits cut out, I used the last of the batter and shaped the last biscuit by hand.
7. Place biscuits on a greased pan or a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating halfway through bake time until golden on top.
9. Remove from oven and let cool. Then smoother it with some Maple Pumpkin Butter. Yummmm.. Oh.. you don't know how to make that? Well let me tell you!!
Maple Pumpkin Butter
1- 15oz can of pureed pumpkin
2/3 cup maple syrup
2 Tbl. sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
In a sauce pan add all of these ingredients, and cook over medium heat. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Eat. On. Everything.
Yes. It is that easy. :) This would be perfect for a quick Thanksgiving breakfast!
Now that we got that out of the way... let's get back to what I know everyone is really excited about... Double giveaway!! Okay.. here's the prizes that are up for grabs. Both packages will include a surprise package from Tupperware. I absolutely LOVE the Tupperware I use in my kitchen! And most Tupperware items have a LIFETIME WARRANTY. The prize packs will also each include a set of homemade recipe cards, plus a small surprise will be in each package. :DHow to Enter
1. 'Like' my facebook page
, if you haven't already.
2. Share my facebook page
3. Comment on this blog post.
Simple as that! I hope to get a TON of entries, so invite your friends to try and win too!
The contest will be closed for submission at 10 pm (central time) on Monday November 26th. The winners will be notified on the following Tuesday and will have 3 days to contact me and claim their prize before another winner will be chosen to replace them.
Each person is only allowed 1 entry. Anyone found trying to double enter will be disqualified. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me!
Good luck everyone!