Hopefully Miss Kenzie will be posting for you all again soon!
I'm back full force today with another yummy recipe. Thanks to my cousin, Erica and her family, I have recently acquired a ton of zucchini. So a big THANK YOU to Erica and her family for this blog post!
If you have never tried zucchini bread, this is an excellent recipe to try with. Very simple and very, very good! And even if you do not like zucchini, I still think you should try this bread. You can't really taste the zucchini, but it makes the bread extremely moist and full of flavor!
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil (i use canola)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup walnut pieces (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. Coat loaf pan with baking spray, (or coat with shortening and dust with flour).
2. Use a mixer to beat the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a different mixing bowl. It takes a minute to make sure the oil gets mixed in really well.
3. Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix it all up on low speed.
4. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the zucchini, and add walnuts if you choose to do so. (I chose not to)
5. Pour into loaf pan.
6. Bake for about an hour or until done. Rotate pan halfway through baking time to achieve even baking.
7. After it is baked, let it cool in the pan for about 20 minutes, then take it out of the pan to finish cooling.
So due to quite a few complications this past weekend, I was unable to go out of town to meet Brent's family. Instead we stayed at my parents while my mom went back and forth to the hospital for my grandpa. I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers for us! It has helped so much more than I can explain! My grandpa is well enough to go to a nursing home, which is what happened yesterday. However there are still a lot of personal and medical complications that we still need prayers for. Thank you!
Also!! Jenni's Baking Blog now has a facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/JennisBakingBlog
Please like my page to keep up on my blog posts and new things that are coming!
Also follow me on pinterest
If you have any questions or for me please feel free to comment or message me here. I love hearing from you guys!