Anyhoo.. I do have a new, simple recipe for you today! Fall is my most favorite time of the year for food. Nothing can beat the flavors and aromas that fill the air during this season. The weather is perfect, the world is all around beautiful. Ahhhhh. :) I love autumn. :)
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 cup sugar
1 (15 oz) can of puree pumpkin
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a muffin pan with liners. I used pumpkin designed ones. :)
1. Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together. I sifted it onto a piece of parchment paper so as not to dirty an extra bowl, but do it however you prefer. :)
2. In a large bowl, add the oil, sugar, and egg with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix only till its combined. Don't over mix it!
4. Scoop batter into muffin pans, 2/3 full.
5. Add your mix ins! I made my muffins 3 different ways... option A: Butterscotch. I put a bit of butterscotch topping on top of the batter and swirled it in with a toothpick. I personally wish I would have used butterscotch chips instead... but they were still good. :) Option B: Chopped nuts. I used pecans... but walnuts would be good too. Add to muffin cups and mix in with a toothpick. ANNNNDDD... option C: my personal favorite, chocolate chips. Add them in the same way. SOOOO GOOOOOD.
6. Bake muffins for 16-19 minutes, rotating halfway through bake time.
7. Remove from oven when they are done, Enjoy. :)