Happy New Year everyone! So sorry you all haven't heard from me in so long, but I'm been fighting off some really bad bugs. Comes with the time of year, I suppose. But I am doing much better now, I'm back to work and back to baking! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I was so grateful to spend time with my family (even though I feel asleep for like, 5 hours.. lol) But now.. Now it's already time to greet 2013 in!
How do you ring in the new year? A kiss with that special person? Fireworks? A toast? Well, why not ring it in with the tastiest way possible... CUPCAKES. These cupcakes turned out sooooo much better than I thought they would, and I can not wait to share this recipe with you! Here
is the recipe that I adapted mine from.
2/3 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 3/4 cup cake flour
1 Tbl. baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup Red Moscato Champagne
, room temp
6 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Prepare cupcake pan with liners.
3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Add flour mix to creamed mixture alternately with champagne. Mix well. Set aside.
6. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
7. Fold into batter, but don't over mix.
8. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating halfway though bake time.
10. Let cool. :)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1-8oz pkg cream cheese, room temp
1 tsp vanilla
4 Tbl Red Moscato Champagne
6 cups powdered sugar
1. In large mixing bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together.
2. Add vanilla and champagne. Mix well.
3. Mix in powdered sugar.
4. Top off your cupcakes.
5. Wait for midnight, and toast in the new year! :)
I wish you all the best of luck for 2013! If you haven't yet please like my facebook page
to stay up to date on my blog posts and giveaways! I do love giveaways. :) Also, feel free to follow me on pinterest
and pin my recipes to your boards to try later. If you have any questions or comments for me please feel free to comment below, message me
on here, or get ahold of me through my facebook page
! I love hearing from people. :)
Have a wonderful New Year everyone! :D See you in 2013!