Here's how I made them:
1 to 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries (you can also use frozen if they are out of season!) tossed with 2 tablespoons of flour
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp nutmeg (I fresh grated my own using whole nutmeg, but you can use ground if it is handy for you)
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar, plus a little for sprinkling
6 tbl vegetable oil (i actually use canola oil because its more heart-healthy :))
1 cup sour cream
1.Preheat oven to 400
2. Prepare your muffin pan with liners, or use a baking spray with flour in it to coat the pan
3. In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
5. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix it all up.
6. Gently fold in blueberries with a spatula or spoon.
7. Fill muffin cups to the top. (I put the remaining few blueberries on top before I baked them) and sprinkle the top of each with a little bit of sugar.
8. Bake for 20-35 minutes until golden brown, and a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing them.
10. Enjoy. :)
NOTE: I super filled the cups and I ended up with 12 delicious, amazing muffins. :)
This is a really easy recipe for beginners and its absolutely delicious. I hope if you try to make these that they turn out wonderfully and everyone loves them! That is if you decide to share. lol If anyone tries this out, let me know how it goes for you! :)
references: The Perfect Recipe Baking Book by Murray Jaffe