Also.. While we're on the subject of Brent, I am sooo happy to announce to you that Brent and I and ENGAGED! It was a Happy (early) Valentine's Day present to me. Pics of the ring will be posted as soon as I get it back. It's being re-sized and I should have it back on Valentine's day. :)
- Soft, moist chocolate sponge cake
- Whipped filling, made with fresh strawberries and heavy cream.
- Super simple, milk chocolate ganache that is perfectly smooth and delicious.
Doesn't that sound perfect? It is. I hope you guys enjoy this, and I hope your sweetie enjoys this, as much as me and my fiance did. :D
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Heart Cake
Chocolate Sponge Cake
adapted from here
8 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Line 2- 8 inch square pans with wax paper. Set aside.
3. Put egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until foamy.
4. Gradually add the sugar and beat until you have stiff peaks.
5. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
6. In a small bowl mix together the flour and cocoa. Add it to your egg and sugar mix and USE A SPATULA TO FOLD INTO MIX.
7. Spread evenly into the 2 prepared pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating halfway through bake time. (while baking you can make your filling )
8. As soon as you pull it from the oven, immediately take it out of the pans too cool.
9. When completely cooled, use a heart shaped cookie cutter cut an even number of hearts from the cake.
Take your delicious, chocolate hearts and make a sandwich with your strawberry filling. Top with your smooth chocolate ganache. Garnish with a chocolate covered strawberry, and enjoy a romantic evening with your sweetie. :) Or you know, if you happen to be single this Valentine's day that's ok too! Don't you think you deserve to show yourself a little love? Come on! Enjoy and indulge. <3
If you haven't already please go and 'like' my facebook page! It's a great way to keep with with new recipes, posts, and giveaways! You can also follow me on pinterest and pin all of my recipes to your boards to try later.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to comment below, or contact me through email or my facebook page! I look forward to hearing from you!